Whereis® Navigator turns your Telstra® Android device into a Garmin® GPS device
Whereis® Navigator turns your Telstra® Android device into an easy to use & full-featured GPS navigation unit, powered by Garmin® and available for use in Australia only. It is a FREE to download app available exclusively for Telstra customers and includes FREE access to following features:
- Access to download the latest live, high resolution Whereis maps,
- Integrated Yellow Pages® businesses listings & points of interest from Sensis®,
- Locate yourself on a map using GPS,
- Find nearby ATMs, banks, & petrol stations,
- No data charges when you use Whereis Navigator on the Telstra Next G™ network,
- 1234 integration so an operator can search for you & send directions (1234 charges apply)
Whereis Navigator also includes many premium features available for subscribers. Customers new to Navigator get 7 Days FREE trial to premium features and may also get the 1st month FREE when signing up for a monthly subscription (see below for all pricing options available inside the application).
Premium features include:
- Accurate turn-by-turn voice guided Garmin navigation,
- Live traffic events,
- Petrol prices for many nearby petrol stations,
- 3D junction views,
- Pedestrian & car modes,
- Avoid tolls, unpaved roads, highways,
- Red-light camera & speed alerts,
- Flight information,
- Telstra billing, so if you are a Post-Paid customer, charges are included on your bill or if you are a Pre-Paid customer, charges are deducted from your account balance. See below for pricing options – which can be purchased inside the application as you need it.
Please note that restrictions on driver use, including specific restrictions on L and P plate drivers, exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
WHY USE WHEREIS NAVIGATOR?
• AUSTRALIA’S BEST & MOST UP TO DATE MAPS. Whereis Navigator has the same great Whereis Maps used in top portable GPS navigation devices from Garmin & TomTom plus maps are updated quarterly.
• AUSTRALIA’S MOST TRUSTED DIRECTORY, Yellow Pages, is built into the app. You can search for a business listing, call them or navigate to their address without leaving the app.
• NO DATA CHARGES on Next G™ network. Whereis Navigator is the only GPS navigation software that provides you with real time information free of data charges on the Next G™ network.
• DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE. When you dial 1234 and speak with a local operator, they can search Yellow, White, Citysearch® directories & more; & send you a listing, so you don’t have to type when you are busy.
ADDITIONALLY FOR SUBSCRIBERS:
• EASY TO USE GPS NAVIGATION powered by Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation.
• LIVE TRAFFIC ALERTS. Avoid high-impact incidents with Whereis Navigator. Using data from the Australian Traffic Network, the leading supplier of traffic reports & news on over 70 commercial radio stations.
• FUEL PRICES FOR MANY NEARBY PETROL STATIONS, by fuel type, so you’ll never need to panic on an empty tank. Don’t waste money trying to find nearby petrol stations or low prices, let the app find them for you.
•REAL-TIME FLIGHT STATUS. Lookup international & domestic arrival & departure times at all major Australian airports - without leaving the app
Premium feature offers for Telstra Next G™ customers:
• 24-hour pass ($2.95)
• Monthly subscription ($9.95) - new customers get 1st month FREE
• 3 month pass ($26.95)
• 6 month pass ($49.95)
Whereis Navigator terms can be found in Part G of the Telstra Mobile Terms & Conditions in Our Customer Terms